Thursday, October 17, 2013

HERMAN BLUE: Making waves all over

Well it seems that since appearing in it's first festival ever (ASIFA Atlanta's "Roll Yer Own"), Herman Blue: The Pumpkin Comic has continued to have success.  Firstly it was selected into the R.I.P. Horror Film Festival.  This three day long festival is located just south of L.A. in Long Beach CA and is sure to be a scream... pardon the pun but remember I did write the aforementioned short film.  They are kind of my thing.  Anyway they gave me my first one of these:


Fancy.  Additionally ASIFA Atlanta continues to champion the short, helping it find a place in Atlanta's own Buried Alive Film Festival.  It's going to be playing as part of a showcase at 7 O'Clock on November 9th at one my favorite places to see a movie, The Plaza Theater.  They serve Moxie and what could be bad about that?


ASIFA has also graciously agreed to include it as part of an international showcase, through which many other chapters of the organization can view it and decide if they'd like to show it in one of their festivals around the world.  Of course if none of them pick Herman Blue up, it will be a crushing blow to my ego, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Anyway the journey doesn't end there.  A few more things are on the horizon for the film (but I'm not gonna say what yet), so keep your eyes peeled.  And in the mean time I will keep submitting it to festivals all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment