Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Painting - The Other Side of Suncook

For those in "the know" this is obviously a painting that's relevant to camp... but I won't say any more than that as is my usual want to do.



I'm pretty into this one... I have one complaint but I'll save it for myself.  This one is part of a painting exchange with my buddy Justin Cichon who has YET to send me his painting and it's already been like 30 minutes since he received his!  Unacceptable.  Anyway why tell someone who owns the painting what I wish I could change right?.  Here it is on his creepy legs that he should shave:




And here's the general progression over a large number of weeks.







I choked a smurf to death!














That bottom right section took FOREVER to get right, but I'm happy with it in the end.  I don't think it's a perfect painting but I do love it.  And in particular it was my first painting that I've done in ten years so I have much love, appreciation and excitement over it.  It got me back to doing what I love so imperfections are like "whatev" to me on this one.  I'm working on a similar one to it now.  It's kind of halfway between this one and the Black tree I posted a few weeks ago.  That one will be utter perfection.

Oh lastly, as Justin correctly assessed it's either sunrise or sunset


That's because I tried to draw from my love of the Hudson River School paintings... can you see it?



Obviously I consider myself completely in rank with the above painters!  And double props to you btw if you get the sunrise or sunset joke.



No comments:

Post a Comment