Tuesday, November 5, 2013

TRICK: Time for a NEW project

That's right.  I'm still reeling from Herman Blue and still sending it to festivals but that's no reason to stop creating new stuff, right?  And  by the way if you are interested in what you see below, I have a lot of work to do on it.  If you're interested in helping out I'd love to have you.  I can't pay for any help right now, but if you're intrigued and have nothing else, then let me know.  Any help is appreciated.  I'm still not done with my script and I haven't even begun to start my storyboards.  Not even all of my character designs are ready, but I'm still working so hooray for that.  Anyway here's the first glimpse at my main character.

THAT'S RIGHT!  IT'S ANOTHER HALLOWEEN THEMED ANIMATION!
 (God get some new ideas Ian)
I guess I just had Halloween on the brain while working on the last movie.  Oh well this one will be very different anyway.  It's a short narrative about a kid and I think I'm going to hand animate it, then paint it with gouache.  Who knows if that's possible but it's just the early plan.
 I'm not in love with that profile view btw.  Also he totally looks like me as a kid.

SEE!

There's one other thing.  I'm very nervous about uploading this.  At its heart the animation is a story about how we need to be willing to go out on a limb and make friends.  At the end I want to have a song playing over a short montage.  I want it to be a "Muppets/Karen O and the Kids" style song.  Anyway I wrote one and I think it's pretty good and accomplishes that goal.  And it tells the moral I want to impart.  There's no dialogue in the animation so it's important that the song work.  Anyway here it is.  First pass.  I hope you like it.  The recording is crumby, so turn the speakers up.





I feel sick to my stomach uploading that.  Be nice!  Here are the lyrics:

I never thought I needed anyone in my life
I've been alone up until now and I've gotten by just fine
But today when life turned me round, crushed my hopes, beat me down
You came along and showed me friends make bad days feel all right

And days like these are why we make friends
And eventually when I meet my mortal end
I'll look back and I will laugh
Because days like these are why we make friend

Rainy days by your side
Are just eventual sunshine

And days like these are why we make friends
And eventually when I meet my mortal end
I'll look back and I will laugh
Because days like these are why we make friend

No comments:

Post a Comment