Monday, November 11, 2013

TRICK: First Test

Hello again.  So as I begin to finalize the latest show pitch I've been working on, I've been simultaneously trying to gear up on my next short film tentatively called "TRICK."  It's another Halloween animation.  This one is naraitve however and focuses on a boy dressed as a devil.  This boy in fact:




Oh man I haven't hand animated in years and I gotta tell you it felt great.  There's no guarantee that I'm going to hand animate this thing.  As a matter of fact the above animation wasn't fully done by hand.  It was keyed in Flash to keep everything on model, then tweened by hand to give it that hand drawn feeling you just can't get from the computer.  This may prove too time consuming and paper consumptive in the end, but it's what I'm thinking I'm going to do off the bat and I gotta say I think it looks pretty damned good.  It's hard not to keep watching this over and over.

And again as always if anyone out there wants to help in anyway, I can't pay right now but would love the assistance.  You may think you don't want to waste your time on someones stupid side project that will never get done, but if you know anything about me it's that I do complete my side projects and this one will be no different.  This idea really lights me up and I can't wait to see it completed.  Probably in two-three years.

Okay anyway enjoy your fall and stay tuned to my blog for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment