Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Memory Quilt - Second Edit

It was 5 AM and I realized that the desire to wallow in the ever increasing depression over mounting debt, joblessness and loneliness I feel all day every day was vastly outweighing my desire to sleep.  But hey, just being depressed is no reason to be unproductive.  So decided to take another swing at editing my home movie footage into a piece that I can rotoscope to look like a quilt.  Not sure what I'm talking about?  Check out THIS BLOG POST and you'll see.  Otherwise just move on.  The sleep is coming on fast, and I don't think I can fight it off long enough to explain what the final product will look like if you haven't seen already.

Just know that:









And if anyone points out that downloading, and uploading all those images took longer than writing a description of my process would and what the final product will look like... then I will disown you as a friend.

Anyway I took another swing at editing the footage and it's much better.  More artsy and not so saccharine.  To quote myself from the Youtube description it's more Norman Bates than Norman Rockwell.  And more to the point it actually says something other than "look at how pretty my childhood filmed by my father's shake hands was."

The music helps too.  I switched it up to what I said I was looking for in the last post:  Simon and Garfunkel meets Daft Punk in the form of Justin Cichon and Brett Nels Anderson's band Benadanti.  It's a song I randomly named "False Modesty" years ago because it didn't have a name and I don't like have "untitled" songs in my iTunes because I'm anal retentive like that.  Much better to go with this song than the ones titled "Chipotle Burrito" or "My Fish Toy."  Anyway without further ado.



Please critique and let me know what's working and what's failing.  I really would appreciate it.

And now because I feel this post started out on rather a "bummer" note, here's a picture of my hero making a funny face:


No comments:

Post a Comment