Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Painting - Monument In White



I don't have too much to say about this painting other than I love it.  You can draw your own conclusions about it's meanings.  I will say however that I like the simultaneous depth and lack of depth depending on where you're looking.  Also it started out as a painting of a man frozen dead in a blizzard, but I reworked it, because it wasn't working and because if you read my last post, you'll see I have a kind of epiphany about my process.  Anyway if you wanna see the old painting check it out below.










Lastly I wanted to post this painting I saw Sam Kieth, my art God posted recently


I know he's had the biggest influence on my views on art, but I just wanted to post this because I saw this painting and saw it very distinctly.  The flat basic blocky composition.  The playing with space.  The mixture of unabashedly bold colors with bland and gray colors.  The way he plays with just one color in many ways within a space.  The large black outlines.  The way things fade in and out from one section to another.  The mixed media aspect of it.  Jesus Christ I love him.  Maybe I'm the only one who sees the connection, but trust me it's there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment